Wednesday, February 25, 2009


I was tired of making banana bread with my leftover bananas. I love my recipe but it makes two loafs and we can barely eat one in a week. I could freeze the other one but that would require thought and effort on my part. So I decided to try something different. This recipe is my own variation of something I found on cooks.com. This cake came out very light and fluffy and was AWESOME warm. My husband isn't a big banana baked goods fan and he asked for seconds of this cake shortly after it came out of the oven. I don't think it needs icing while it is hot but I am going to test it tomorrow and see if I think it needs some extra umph. I'lll let you know if I decide to ice it next time

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake:


Ingredients:

5/6 cup of butter ( 1 stick plus a third of a cup)

1 1/2 cup of Sugar

1 cup of sour cream ( I used reduced fat)

2 eggs

1 cup of mashed bananas ( 2-3 bananas)

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups of flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 cup of water

1 tsp vanilla extract

1 heaping cup of chocolate chips

-Preheat overn to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 13 glass baking pan.
-Cream butter and sugar in a standing mixer (this will take a while go read a chapter of your book while you wait).
-Once the butter and sugar are creamed add in the eggs and sour cream, mix until well blended. -Add the mashed bananas mix until blended.
-Meanwhile, (you can leave the mixer running) whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Also, put the baking soda into the water to dissolve.
- Add in flour mixture then soda mixture, in that order.
-Add the vanilla last.
- Pour batter into greased pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Ok I am going to go beat my husband up until he gives up control of the wii. (Or maybe I'll read)

No comments:

Post a Comment