Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chickin and Dumplings

I totally played hokey from work today came home early went to the grocery store and made a new recipe that I got from a friend. Chicken and dumplings!! WOW this was awesome. Here is the really simple recipe ( it will feed you for a week)
Chicken and Dumplings

8 chicken breasts
4 boxes chicken broth ( two normal two low sodium)
1 pint light cream
4 tablespoons flour
dill
sage
salt
pepper

dumplings
2 and 1/4 cups bisquick
2/3 of c cup of milk
tablespoon dill ( fresh or frozen)

Boil chicken breasts in two boxes of broth until they are cooked through. Remove chicken breasts and shred them ( I use two forks). Return chicken to broth add in two more boxes of broth. While this is simmering, pour the light cream into an airtight container and add the flour ( sprinkle it over the top of the cream) put the lid on the container and shake the heck out of it. Then add this to the broth and chicken. add sage, dill and pepper to taste.
simmer...

To make the dumplings ( preheat the oven to 450 degrees)
mix bisquick, milk, and dill then plop the dumplings into the boiling chicken mixture.
they will seem small at first but they grow rather quickly once they are in the water.
Put the entire pot into the oven for 15-20 minutes until the dumplings are a little brown on top.
serve into bowls and let cool before eating ( it is really hot).
This recipe was so easy my husband can do it and cooking really isn't his thing.
Well, I just thought I'd share, I am off to do that homework I have been avoiding.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment