Saturday, June 27, 2009

Quesadillas!!

The one thing I really wanted for Christmas was a panini press. It is one of the few kitchen appliances I didn't have and the foodie in me was rabid about having one. So, my husband decided that he would accommodate this desire,despite our complete and utter lack of space. So voila, panini press. I use it for everything. Is it raining? Then cook the grilled chicken inside. don't want to fry those hamburgers, go ahead and stick them on the panini press. And the grilled cheese sandwiches, oh the grilled cheese sandwiches. I will never be able to eat one that has simply been cooked in a frying pan again.

After months of blissfully enjoying the wonderfulness of my panini press, I decided to get creative the other night when my husband called out quesadillas as a response to the age old question; "What do you want for dinner." These beauties not only tasted better than the ones you bake in the oven they looked beautiful. I felt like I was in a restaurant.


Quesadilla Paninis
2 chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 medium yellow onion
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 packet old el paso taco seasoning
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1 tsp goya
1/2 tsp garlic powder

2 four tortillas

1/2 cup grated monteray jack cheese
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese

in a small bowl cover the chicken strips and onions with olive oil, then evenly sprinkle them with seasonings. Next throw everything in a pan and cook until the chicken is cooked and the onions are translucent. Spread half of the chicken and onions evenly over one half of a tortilla. Cover with cheese and fold the tortilla in half so that the chicken and cheese are encased in tortilla. Place the tortilla on the panini maker until the cheese is melted. Repeat with the second tortilla. Serve with guacamole and sour cream.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment