Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Restaurant Week Clink





This past Sunday I visited Clink at the Liberty Hotel to sample their restaurant week menu.
This was by far the best restaurant week dinner that I have had this season. Their menu was obviously well planned and their ingredients were seasonal and fresh. I really enjoyed the parsnip and pear soup. and the braised short ribs over polenta was tender and delicious. Each course was well paired to form a coherent menu that flowed very well from one dish to the next. The meal ended with an apple, cranberry cobbler that was one of the best I have had outside of my own house, the fruits were perfectly cooked and topped with a crust that seemed to be a cross between puff pastry and pie crust, flaky and light but with a rich buttery flavor.

While the drinks at clink looked delicious, most of their specialty drinks came in at about 14 dollars making them a little pricy for a night out. The restaurant has a suprising amount of light and does a great job of incorporating the small jail touches into their light decor.
I highly recommend Clink and will be returning soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment